Marlborough Property Company Privacy notice
Our Privacy Promise
We promise that we will collect, use, process and store your data properly and securely.
- Use and maintain your personal data in accordance with all applicable legal requirements.
- Inform you about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
- Ensure that the privacy of your data is maintained.
- Honour your legal rights in respect of personal data which we hold.
We will not sell your data or transfer it outside the Marlborough Property Company Group to anyone to use for their own marketing purposes.
Marlborough Property Company is the “data controller” for the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016, and other applicable data protection legislation.
Personal data we collect about you
How and why we use your personal data
- To communicate with you and manage our relationship with you.
- To comply with our legal obligations e.g. to maintain accounting records of business transactions.
- To prevent and detect crime.
Lawful bases for processing data
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have a lawful reason to do so (referred to below as “lawful bases”). Lawful bases include:
- Where we need to process your data to enter into or perform our contract with you.
- Where necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation – for example if we are required to disclose your data by a court order.
- Where needed to protect our vital interests, or that of a third party – for example if you have an accident in our offices and we have to call the emergency services and disclose your name and medical details.
- Where we have a legitimate interest to do so, and these interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
You have a right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you.
If you would like to request a copy of your personal data, please contact us in writing using the contact details provided below.
Marlborough Property Company
Two Marlborough Court
Watermead Business Park
If any of the personal data that we hold about you is incorrect, you have a right to request that we correct this.
If you would like to request rectification of the data we hold please contact us using the details provided above.
You have a right to request us to erase any data that we hold about you, or to object to our use and processing of your data.
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us using the details provided above.
Questions and complaints
If you have any questions or would like to make a complaint in relation to the way we have handled your personal data please contact us using the details provided above.
If you feel that we have not resolved your complaint, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Security of your personal data
We are committed to taking appropriate technical and physical measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
We use Google Analytics to monitor website usage, Google Analytics is a web analytics service that tracks and reports on website traffic. Google analytics stores cookies on your PC to track usage. Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. These cookies do not store information which could identify you as an individual. You can restrict, block or delete cookies from any website. If you would like to opt out of Google Analytics you can do so simply by using the following link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
You can read more about how Google Analytics collects and processes data using this link https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en-GB&gl=uk
This policy was last updated in March 2019.